Fall 2021 Part-Time Taxation Instructor – Spanish (Fully Remote) University of California, Riverside – University Extension
UCR University Extension, the continuing and professional studies division of the University of California, Riverside, invites applicants to teach coursework related to taxation as part of its corporate education and custom program offerings in conjunction with the University of California Institute for Mexico and the United States (UC MEXUS). Classes will be offered to Spanish speaking participants in a fully remote, live-stream format. Classes will meet during the period of 6pm -10pm CST twice per week (Tuesdays/Thursdays) over a 15-week period from August 30 - December 10, 2021. Courses include U.S. Tax Planning, U.S. Corporate Taxation and U.S. Partnership Taxation.
▪ Provide instruction in accordance with the established instructional agreement, curriculum outlines and class schedule provided by UCR Extension
▪ Communicate teaching objectives and specific learning outcomes to students, and clearly outline the grading policies to the course
▪ Work in conjunction with collaborative partners and subject matter experts in order to ensure that course information is current
▪ Participate in scheduled orientations, meetings, and mandatory training programs by UCR’s established deadlines
▪ Maintain timely and accurate academic records within the learning management system and submit timely and accurate documentation as outlined in the instructional agreement
▪ Maintain appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics
▪ Work remotely and use assigned technologies as means of instruction
▪ Become familiar with and follow UCR Extension's Instructor Manual and Curricular Guidelines ▪ Respond to student questions and learning needs in a timely manner
▪ Stay current regarding the professional body of knowledge in the field of practice
▪ Complete required administrative tasks in a timely manner including: completing all hiring paperwork; submitting updated syllabi; signing instructor contract; submitting required textbook orders; communicating AV and classroom needs
▪ Employ culturally competent teaching methodologies in the classroom inclusive of international student populations
▪ Design interactive and motivational classroom activities to fully engage participants and to reinforce student learning
▪ Update materials periodically, and regularly monitor course evaluations in order to adjust and improve the curriculum
▪ Advanced degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field, or equivalent experience
▪ Full professional bilingualism and biliteracy in both English and Spanish
▪ Five years of related work experience
▪ Interest and willingness to teach an international student audience
▪ Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
▪ Ability to provide instruction remote, live-streaming courses
▪ Must possess proof of authorization to work in the United States
▪ Certified Public Accountant license.
▪ Experience teaching adult learners.
▪ Experience with online Learning Management Systems and Zoom.
▪ Experience with curriculum development and course design.
▪ Commitment to diversity and the University’s mission.
▪ Current knowledge of and demonstrated proficiency in subject area
▪ Must be committed to the highest level of academic standards and integrity
▪ Current participation in professional associations
▪ Strong oral and written communication skills to support effective interaction with students, faculty, staff, administrators, and education partners
▪ Computer skills sufficient to support preparation and delivery of class materials and exams, as well as enable effective communication with students, faculty, and staff
Applications must include:
• Curriculum vitae (including education degrees, teaching sites inclusive of teaching dates, professional organization membership and level of activity)
• Cover letter (address basic and preferred qualifications)
• Statement of contributions to diversity
• Contact information for four professional references
To apply please visit https://aprecruit.ucr.edu/apply/JPF01447. This is a continuous recruitment. Applications will be reviewed on a continuous basis as needed. Interview process may include a teaching demonstration. For more information about UCR Extension, please visit http://www.extension.ucr.edu/.
This part-time position is not eligible for benefits, but participates in the University of California Defined Contribution Plan. Individuals hired to teach these courses must understand that all such agreements with the University are made on a course-by-course basis and that the instructor has no guarantee, expressed or implied, of continual involvement with the University in any capacity.
UCR is a world-class research university with an exceptionally diverse undergraduate student body. Its mission is explicitly linked to providing routes to educational success for underrepresented and first-generation college students. A commitment to this mission is a preferred qualification.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.