This is the effective date of the E-Paid Sick Pay Leave where employers will pay 80 hours to employees affected by the COVID-19.
This applies to employers with less than 500 employees. Employers with less than 50 employees may be exempt if they are able to prove that this would jeopardize the liability of the business.
Which employees are eligible for this leave:
- An employee qualifies for paid sick time if the employee is unable to work (or unable to telework) due to a need for leave because the employee:
- is subject to a Federal, State, or local quarantine or isolation order related to COVID-19;
- has been advised by a health care provider to self-quarantine related to COVID-19;
- is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms and is seeking a medical diagnosis;
- is caring for an individual subject to an order described in (1) or self-quarantine as described in (2);
- is caring for a child whose school or place of care is closed (or child care provider is unavailable) for reasons related to COVID-19; or
- is experiencing any other substantially-similar condition specified by the Secretary of Health and Human Services, in consultation with the Secretaries of Labor and Treasury.
If both parents work, to be fair to the employer, only one parent should take this time off. If your employer is open, they need you there and being off when you don’t have to isbnot fair to your employer. As an employee, be honest with this request - do you really/truly need it?
In closing: Stay home if you are not working, only go out for essentials, keep your distance from others - 6 feet apart, wash your hands continuously with soap throughout the day, especially after being out, use wipes or hand sanitizer when you are out and about. By taking precautions, we can over-come this illness.
HRY Personnel Services